24 July 2011

Finished Birthday Buckets and More

So here is my finished birthday bucket with birthday balloons:

{all finished, finally!!}

 {i def. underestimated the size of the pixie sticks}

{the bucket up close - pink, lime green glitter paper, and glitter zebra paper}

{birthday balloon toppers!!}

 {glued to the top of the pixie sticks}

So I originally didn't have fur on the top. So I was telling the BF last night that it needed fur. He was like how exactly do you buy fur? Do you have to go hunt an animal? So funny. I went and did a little retail therapy with my best friend today and I found this:


I may or may not have spent way too much on it, but that's okay. Look at it!! I also found zebra Yahtzee and a little zebra eraser that will find a home somewhere on my desk. I finished my Welcome! sign and my Ms. Hilliard sign. I tried to take a picture, but it wasn't cooperating. I'll try again tomorrow or maybe you'll just have to wait until I have it hung up in my room.

I am about halfway through book bin labels for primary classrooms, so those of you who are looking for more non-chapter themed labels I'll have those coming for you!! I threw together a few other things yesterday and today. I'm going into super panic mode because in a week I can get into my classroom.




make note it looks funny for some reason on google docs,
but it does not print like that


Question for everyone that is 3rd grade or higher... Who uses the Daily 5/CAFE? Coming from 1st it was easy enough to incorporate. Many people have said they don't use CAFE in the higher grades? Daily 5 is easy enough to use in the upper grades, I'm just not really sure what I'm going to do about CAFE. I'm stopping at school tomorrow to (hopefully) pick up my Good Habits, Great Readers manuals so I have some time to look over them. I'm also going to make some math bin labels within the next few days, along with some more games and maybe a few units. 

Have a good night ya'll :)

24 comments:

Mrs. D said...

Love, love, love your birthday balloons!! Thanks for the cute downloads! :)

Jill said...

Love everything; I'm so glad I found your blog!!! My kids will think I have a zebra theme but I'm down with that. :) Thanks for sharing!!

Marvelous Multiagers!

Shelley Stokes said...

I am soooo glad I found you! I am moving from prek to third (in a new school)and am a little freaking out (and I do have zebra stuff going around my room)! Love the posts!

ChristyS said...

These all look so great! I hope that you are feeling better!

Thinking in Primary said...

I love these b-day buckets! I can't wait to make my own!

Carla said...

Loving those Birthday Balloons! Thanks so much for the awesome ideas and downloads!! Your Rock!

Diane said...

I just love all of your things! Thanks so much for sharing. I want to make those birthday balloons now.

I like the Specials Signs. I have a request. Could you change the Gym to PE since that's what we call it? Also, could you make a couple more: Guidance and either Media or Library? Thanks so much. These will be great.

I found your blog about a week ago and love everything you have done.

Diane
The Teacher's Jungle
http://theteachersjungle.blogspot.com

Tamara L. Chilver said...

Hi Christie! I love your blog and I teach, well live, in flip-flops, too!


Teaching Blog Addict
♥Teaching with TLC

Unknown said...

I LOVE your birthday bucket and balloons!!! That is too cute. Hmmm, I wonder if I could get away with handing out pixie sticks...

Crafty In Carolina Stamper said...

The birthday ballons turned out super cute! I LOVE the container you made for them =) Thanks for all the goodies, love them too!!

Laura said...

Thank you so much for making primary book bin labels! I was looking at the ones you made for chapter books and was thinking how nice it would be to have some for my picture books I use with my K-2 class!!
You are awesome! :)

Anonymous said...

YOU ARE AMAZING!!!! I have no idea what I would do without you this summer!!!! I love all of your zebra things. Can I please make a special request for the specials labels....I need one that says PE, Creative Drama, Science and Library. They added so many specials this year...I don't mean to leave this as anonymous but I don't have a google account.

THANK YOU AGAIN!!!!!! My name is Cynthia and I think you are WONDERFUL!!!!!

Anonymous said...

By the way...where did you find all the zebra things for your desk?

Tiffany said...

Thanks again for sharing your adorable signs! Just curious what you put all your supply labels on? Do you keep those things in a basket or like a container with drawers?

I LOVE to organize and was just looking for different ways :)

Mrs. Sherry said...

I can not sing enough praises for you! Thank you so much for your hard work. What program do you use? i have spent the last two hours downloading your zebra stuff! Awesome! Is there anyway for you to change your stripes binder to first grade? The info page too.. or is it somewhere and I just missed it?

Dianna said...

You are THE BEST! I am doing a jungle theme this year- very simple :) I can't wait to use your bin/supply labels! Thanks so much! :)

http://firstgradejabber.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Well done! You are the Queen of Crafty Zebra thingies!! LOL! Thanks for sharing. I was in a bad mood tonight and you just brightened my day!! :o)

Sarah Adams said...

The balloon sticks are so creative. LOVE. I came across your blog tonight and I'm so glad I did! I actually just bought a zebra basket :) Pic is posted on my site :)

http://californiaenglishteacher.blogspot.com/

Sarah

Wendy said...

I loved the birthday balloons idea so much that I had to make some for my kiddos. You have so many awesome ideas. Thanks for sharing!!!

http://1happyteacher.blogspot.com

Wendy =O)

SugarFoot Designs said...

I LOVE your blog!!! I was wondering if you have thought about adding a teacher signature line to the Homework pass....I ahve had parents question if it was legit or not, If I had not signed something! :) New follower!

Anonymous said...

You are absolutely amazing, would you have the supply bin labels in polka dots anywhere?

It's my first year teaching and I have learned so much from you, thank you!

Courtney

Unknown said...

Hey Christie!! SO I LOVE YOUR BLOG. I have jungle theme in my classroom and those supply labels are so cute. I will be using them in my classroom this year. Is there anyway that you could send that where I could edit and add more pictures for labels? That would be awesome!! Thank you again!

Marie
mcskippe@gmail.com
It's a Jungle Out There

Miss Luedke said...

I love, love your blog!! I am a first year teacher and your blog has helped me so much. please follow me

http://thelifeofasmalltownteacher.blogspot.com/

Natalie said...

Love those birthday balloons! Where did you find the giant pixie stix though? I can't seem to find them anywhere!

Natalie
Teachery Tidbits