17 July 2011

Busted!


So funny story, or at least it's funny to me. So we're sitting here watching the British Open, playing video games (okay, so that one's not me) and creating things (that's me). As I'm creating this sign, the boyfriend questions why the sign says Ms. Smith and why I keep signing everything "Krystyi." I explain to him, I wasn't trying to somehow keep some part of me a secret, until he then enlightens me that everything else I've created that I (force) ask him to look at says "Christie" or "Ms. Hilliard."

Okay so I'm busted... I tried to keep myself somewhat of a secret. Maybe because the first go around with a blog, I had someone steal my identity. YES!! They stole my name, my creations, etc!! Who would do that?!? So that's why I took a brief hiatus from blogging. That also brings me to why I will only post PDF versions of things. I am more than happy to change things to the best of my ability to fit your theme, but I won't post things in Word form because that's why I did last time, and look where I ended up. I hope everyone can understand this. Has anyone else ever had anyone steal anything from them? Who woulda have thought my fun bloggy experience would have started that way! Okay I've babbled long enough!! 

My main point of this post is really that I created this sign, and I posted more versions with other themes in my store. The clip art letters are glittery and amazingly awesome {I love all things glitter} I will customize them to the best of my ability, including backgrounds, etc. I know many of you are owl, polka dot, cowboy theme-ers and I want to help all of you as much as possible. If you have any questions let me know.

{the real one, not the disguised, trying to hide one! lol!}

6 comments:

♥ Owl in a Vowel Tree ♥ said...

I'm so sorry for such a negative experience. Who would do that??? Thank you for everything you share and for taking the plunge into blogging again. Your creations are fabulous!!!! :)

Ashley said...

WOW!!! It is so sad that you are sharing your creations for free and someone stole them and took the credit! WOW!! I know I asked what program you used, but that was so I could learn how to create my own designs!! I am a first year teacher and trying to make some things on my own!! Mainly I want to create labels for my library bins!! I guess you could take it as a compliment, your creations are fabulous and they knew the could never create anything half as amazing! :)

Christie said...

Thanks Ashley :) Yes, definitely use Powerpoint, I used to use word and one day I was in shock when I realized how much easier PP was!! You could probably use publisher too if you have it, but I don't. You have to be so excited for your first year! I wish I could go back and relive it, so scary and exciting after all those years spent in other people's rooms!

Unknown said...

Holy moly! I can't believe that happened. It just shows how naive I am. (Please don't steal my identity!!) The "cloud" makes me nervous!!!

LJ said...

I ordered a welcome sign from your store yesterday and cannot find your email add to contact you about what name, etc. to put on the sign. What is the best way to give you this info?
Thanks!

Christie said...

LJ - teachinheels@gmail.com